YCCA Committee Meeting 7/09/09

 

 

 

Apologies: DB, CM, Paul M, SB, MB.

 

Present: MG, Peter M, MP, FR, PI, JR, AW, PC, PS, PT, CY.

 

1)    Commissaires:

13/09/09, Northallerton, MG.

20/09/09, Newsome H.S., AW.

27/09/09 3 Peaks.

4/10/09,  Graves Park, RF.

18/10/09, New College, MB.

31/10/09, Bradley Woods, Peter M.

8/11/09, Temple Newsam, FR.

22/11/09, Myrtle Park, PC.

29/11/09, Richmond School, PS.

6/12/09, Thornes Park, N. of E. Champs., AW.

13/12/09, Peel Park, NT, Ian Poole.

27/12/09, Heptonstall,

3/01/10,  Todmorden, MG.

 

2)    PS informed committee of his new post as BC Regional Events Officer in which he is responsible for developing plans to progress cyclo-cross for the next four years.

 

3)    3 Peaks. JR summarised arrangements, including details of electronic timing, and the new stile on Simons Fell.

 

4)    Peel Park Nat.Trophy. PT gave details of course alterations made necessary by fewer available barriers, will approach Bradford Council for sponsorship. Martin Eadon to do hurdles. JR to ensure bowsers are provided, to order a marquee and four portaloos, to book “Green Machine” catering and to liaise with Parks Dept. regarding security so course can be set up on the Sat. PS to provide gazebo at finish line and to book First-Aid. Paul M to obtain signage. Peter M to provide boiler for marquee. Marshals to be discussed at next meeting.

 

5)    Electronic timing. FR reported on the research he has done regarding the Apex system which uses antennae rather than mats as sensors and is specifically designed for cyclo-cross. Cost £6000 approx. FR and PI to approach Sport for All for grant. PS to provide all data needed to support application. Aim – to have system in place for 2010 Summer Series. FR and PI to report back at next meeting.

 

6)    AOB. a) JR reported resignation of Terry Haigh as commissaire, and also on grants that have been awarded for this season.

        b) FR expressed concern about gaps in calendar. PC to contact Events Officer from Bradford Council regarding possible new venues.

        c) Dinner. JR expressed disappointment with service at Guide Post. FR to enquire about new venue in Elland.

        d) FR and JR reported back from National Commission. New rules on pits and drinks. U12 to be charged £1 entry fee.

        e) MP  suggested that more races should be run as Cat.B in order that riders obtained points

       

 Date of next meeting – 9/11/09.